Daytona Beach, Florida- April 22- Daytona, Fla. based Larsen Motorsports announced potential new driver positions for their Jet Racing Teams today to be added in the near future.
“Despite the challenges of the current economy, the Larsen Motorsports Jet Dragster Racing Teams will continue to expand,” said Elaine Larsen, co-owner of Larsen Motorsports. “Our decade long experience with jet racing continues to grow and our marketing partners have recognized the great value of their relationships with Larsen Motorsports. We are exploring opportunities to grow our existing teams as well as add new teams. New drivers of those teams will be a critical element of that expansion.”
Larsen Motorsports will begin accepting resumes of prospective drivers and make a decision as to who the ﬁnalists are that will compete for the coveted positions.
Chris Larsen, co-owner of Larsen Motorsports, said, “we are going to require the driver to have some skin in the game. We get multiple inquiries every week about driving for one of our teams. The time has come for these people to put their money or skill sets where their mouth is. We will select a driver that can contribute to the day-to-day operations of our business.”
1. Prior racing experience- preferred
2. Public Speaking skills- required
3. Knowledge of turbine engines- preferred
4. Knowledge of drag racing- preferred
5. Current exhibition jet license- Not required. Unlicensed drivers will be required to complete the Larsen Motorsports exhibition jet racing drivers program separately prior to being considered for a new team driver position.
6. Financial contribution- preferred
7. Current United States drivers license- required
8. U.S. Citizen- preferred
9. Physical Condition- must be able to pass a Class 1 physical to meet professional drag racing license requirements. Speciﬁc height and weight can vary.
10. Age- over 18 years at time of application
11. Gender- male or female
12. Duration of Commitment in position- 3 years
13. Geographic location- Applicant should live in the continental United States. It is preferred but not required to live in the Daytona, Fla. area. All driver training will be conducted from Daytona Beach, Fla.
14. Language- Must ﬂuently speak and understand the English language.
15. Safety Equipment- selected drivers will be required to bring their own personal sanctioning body accepted safety equipment.
16. Employment Status- Must have ability/ﬂexibility to travel to and from race events, promotional engagements, trade shows, etc. Larsen Motorsports reserves the sole right to deny anyone the right to drive for one of their teams or terminate training of prospective drivers at any time with or without cause.
Interested people should send a resumes and a two to four minute video explaining why they believe they are the best candidate for one of the the positions to:
Larsen Motorsports Research Center
800 S. Clyde Morris Blvd
Daytona Beach, Florida 32114
Candidates identiﬁed by Larsen Motorsports for the next phase of the selection process will be contacted on an individual basis.